Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Movies for Readers: Genius (The Maxwell Perkins Story)

If there's ever been a movie made specifically for people who read books and admire authors, this just might be it.  Genius is about the career of Maxwell Perkins, the man who forever changed the Charles Scribner's Sons publishing house by aggressively seeking and signing younger writers such as F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Thomas Wolfe, and James Jones.  And that's only part of the man's story.  I have high hopes for this one, so keep your fingers crossed.


This is the only trailer material released as of now:



The movie is now scheduled for a late July 2016 release, and it stars Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, and Colin Firth.  Frankly, I'm seeing some negative rumblings from a couple of movie sites that make me a bit nervous, but I know I won't be able to resist this one no matter what the critics say.

Movies for Readers No. 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.